The REALTORS® Community Foundation (RCF) is seeking individuals to join the Board of Governors for a three-year term beginning in October of 2020. The RCF has granted nearly $4.5 million to local charities thanks to the generous volunteerism and dollars of Edmonton and Area REALTORS® since 1986.
As we continue to grow our impact, we are seeking Board members who will share our dedication to community investment while adding value with experience in board governance, financial planning, fundraising and digital marketing. We look forward to hearing from you and welcome any questions to email@example.com.
Expectations of the Board as a Whole
Expectations of Governors
The RCF’s mission is to bring REALTORS® together to move communities forward. As the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the board is responsible for:
• Determining and upholding the mission and purposes of the organization
• Selecting and evaluating the performance of the Executive Director
• Strategic and organizational planning
• Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
• Support in Fundraising and resource development
• Approving and monitoring RCF’s activities
• Enhancing RCF’s awareness and reputation among REALTORS® and the public
• Assessing its own performance as the governing body RCF
Each individual board member is expected to:
• Know and follow the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
• Faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
• Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary to advance RCF’s mission
• Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve RCF’s mission
• Help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing.
• Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
• Participate fully in one or more committees
All statements of interest for nomination are due by September 6, 2020 at midnight to the contact below. Those who put their name forward will be interviewed and a slate will be put forward at the RCF’s AGM in October 2020. Board nominees must be members in good standing with the REALTORS® Association of Edmonton and have the will and capacity to meet the above expectations. To express your interest, please complete the form below.