Thank you to all who participated in the BIG Moving Sale! Whether you donated, bid, won or even shared our posts - you helped the REALTORS® Community Foundation raise over $7,000! We had over 100 people bidding on items from the real estate and public community. It was a pleasure to meet many of our supporters in person and to introduce more members of the public to the Foundation!
Special thanks go to our sponsor, Eager Beaver Moving who supported the event by donation of both funds and services.
And more special thanks to the REALTORS® Association of Edmonton for donating a number of high ticket items such as the iMacs and plants. And of course, for permitting the loading dock to turn into our own little distribution centre for a couple weeks and the staff support on the heavy lifting (literally)!
Our community and partners help make events like these a success and prove why community is so important. The amount raised by the BIG Moving Sale, over $7,000, will be invested in building thriving communities in our city. The amount is just above our average grant size, so it correlates to funding a full project! Check out our charities for examples of the sorts of projects funded this year.
In addition to the actual silent auction sales, a number of items were also donated!
- A number of Real Estate Weekly boxes were donated for community art projects such as little libraries.
- 10 PC's previously in the RAE's computer lab were donated to the Jessica Martel Memorial Foundation
- 8 Keyboards, mice and monitors were donated to Kids on Track for their clients to use computers donated sans-accessories
- Christmas trees were donated to the Saffron Centre for Holiday Fundraising purposes
- And a variety of ponchos, hats and other odds and ends were donated to local homeless shelters!
Thank you again to all who supported. This is proof once again that when we come together, we move communities forward!