The We Care program allows you to donate a dollar amount per transaction or monthly. All you have to do is sign up once and you will receive a tax receipt each year for your contributions. With 3,500 REALTORS® in the Edmonton area, the We Care program thrives by encouraging many individuals to contribute together for a sum that makes a big impact for local charities.
In the 2019-2020 fiscal year, the Foundation is investing $270,000 in community organizations that help individuals and families reach their full potential. The We Care program is one of our primary fundraising channels, and the one that has the greatest impact on the amount of funds we can grant to charities each year. You don't have to start with a big number - even $10 feeds roughly 3 kids a hot lunch or subsidizes a meal for a senior accessing Meals on Wheels. Hundreds of REALTORS® are on board already. Join us in moving communities forward!
How it works
- Straight from your credit card (yes, you can earn points)
- Register by clicking the donate button on the upper right hand side of the screen, make sure you select 'monthly' and the donation amount you wish to give each month
- Funds come directly to the Foundation each month, you get a tax receipt annually
Donate per transaction:
- Fill out the form below, make sure to get your office information correct
- We will get in touch with your office to ensure they know you are registered
- Your conveyancer or office administrator will send your pledged amount to the Foundation by cheque
- The Foundation issues you tax receipts for all dollar amounts received within the past calendar year (tax receipts in early 2020 for 2019 contributions)
* Please note that if offices do not send cheques on time, receipts will be made out for the year in which the funds are received.
Of course the good feels are a major benefit of giving back, but we know consumers are increasingly conscious about charitable giving. So we've devised a few resources to help you share your giving impact with clients and prospects. If you have ideas of how we can do this better - please reach out!
- Sign riders: simply ask your sign provider to add the 'We Care' rider to your signs.
- Logo package to use on your collateral and/or digital media
- Eligible for Donor Awards (top individual and office)
- Tax receipt for your full contributions
Beginning Spring 2020:
- Monthly social media shareables with charity impact statements
- Quarterly newsletter with priority sign up for charity volunteer days and tours
- Welcome kits with brochures, post cards, pens and more. Don't worry - we'll be sending these out to all registered We Care donors!
We have noticed that as agents change offices or sometimes when offices have new staff we need to re-register agents for the program. If you're unsure if you're currently registered we encourage you to fill out the form again or send us an email so we can double check for you!